Our collection of information
Zmodo may collect information about how you use our services (including our websites and applications) by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website or application. Depending on the website or application, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you. The personal information we collect may include:
- contact details, such as your name, title, company/organization name, email address, telephone and fax numbers, physical address, etc;
- information about your company, and job function;
- your email marketing preferences;
- payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf; we store only the last four digits of your payment card and the expiration date;
- financial information (including credit card or account information);
- information such as your nationality and country of residence that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- information used to customize and facilitate your use of our websites, including login and technical information;
- inquiries about and orders for our products and services;
- information that assists us in identifying the products and services that best suit your requirements;
- information that assists us in improving our products and services;
- event registration information;
- feedback from you about our websites and our products and services generally; and
- any information as collected pursuant to the description under "information collected automatically" below.
We may collect the following information, including personal information while you are using Zmodo Products and Services as defined in Terms of Services, including Zmodo Site, Zmodo Web Services, Zmodo Mobile Apps, and Zmodo Subscribed Services:
- Setup information and account information you provide, such as your date of birth, gender, email address and Wi-Fi network information;
- Data from the sensors built into the device, such as motion sensors, temperature sensors, light sensors, humidity sensors;
- Video and audio signals and data;
- Technical, usage and performance information from the device;
- Shared content.
- Providing you with products and services as well as any support or information you have requested;
- Better understanding how products and services are being used so we can improve them;
- Diagnosing problems in our products and services;
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription;
- Sending you information about Zmodo and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates, such as new application releases, special offers, and similar information;
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as Zmodo;
- To administer our services or website (including any searches or requests for information about our products or services);
- For assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products and services, including asking you for your opinions on our products and Services and carrying out customer surveys;
- To enable us to monitor, review and improve the products and services which we offer;
- For internal record keeping.
- using encryption where appropriate;
- using password protection where appropriate;and
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Information collected automatically
We collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, and other actions taken within Zmodo's sites. On sites that you enter with a user ID, we may connect this information with your identity to determine your potential interests in our products and services. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site, and the website from which you linked to our site to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. . We do not link this information to your identity.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
To manage Flash cookies, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
How does Zmodo use your personal information?
Zmodo uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version and system and performance information.
We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We collect your location based information for the purpose of allowing you to share your location while using the Moments function. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at email@example.com
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Disclosure of your personal information
Except as described below, personal information you provide to Zmodo will not be shared outside of Zmodo and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission.
Disclosure to service providers. Zmodo contracts with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, sending out information, processing transactions, and analyzing our websites. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
Disclosure to distributors. In responding to a request made by you, we may share your personal information with companies that distribute our products. In those cases, we provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to respond to your request, and these companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose. In some cases, we may seek your permission to share your information with distributors for marketing purposes other than responding to a request from you. However, we will not share your information for such marketing purposes unless we have obtained your express consent to do so.
Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities, and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment.
Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons Zmodo decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is Zmodo's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property, or in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual.
We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
Zmodo does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13.
Consent to international transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect on our websites may be sent to the United States or to any other country in which Zmodo or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. We may also store and process the information there. Although the laws that protect personal information in those countries may differ from the laws where you live, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our websites and giving your information to us, you consent to the transfer of the data outside of your country.
We are committed to ensure that your Personal Data is kept and stored securely and we maintain reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our Services and our website.
This has been done with a view to preventing unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and accidental, unauthorized or unlawful access, use, processing, copying, alteration, transfer, loss or destruction of, or damage to your Personal Data. Whilst we have done all of this, and comply with the standards required by applicable laws, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data is secure when submitted or otherwise communicated through insecure means. We protect the security of your Personal Data by:
However, these measures do not release you from taking appropriate steps to keep your Personal Data safe and secure, in particular by avoiding obvious user ID's or passwords, by changing your password regularly and by ensuring that you do not disclose your password(s) or grant any other person access to your user account and your Personal Data.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewing your personal information
Upon request Zmodo Technology will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
In some cases, you can review, correct, request deletion of personal information provided through our websites by going to the page on which you provided the information. In all cases, you can make a request to review and correct your personal information collected via our websites or asks Zmodo to stop using it by completing our Contact Us form. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal information. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number, or email address. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Note that we need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons and that some of your information may remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and applications you are eligible to use with your Zmodo ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service or enforce our agreements.
You may sign-up to receive email or newsletter or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the "Unsubscribe" link found in emails we send to you or at your member profile on our website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding this statement or our handling of your personal information, please contact us. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Zmodo Technology Corporation Ltd.
1401 Interstate Dr. Champaign, IL, USA